We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

State Street Park and Ride?

Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
48 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
State Street Park and Ride?

I am taking a trip in September where I will be picking up a bus in the parking lot of the State Street Park and Ride. The problem is I will have to leave my car there at least one night, maybe even 2 nights. Anybody knows what happens to cars that get left overnight in the lot?

Thanks!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: State Street Park and Ride?

Though I've never used that lot, I have left my car in other Michigan Carpool Lots for weekend trips with no trouble at all. Legally you're fine. If you're worried about the safety of your car, maybe others can help with that.

From the State of Michigan website regarding carpool lots:

michigan.gov/mdot/…00.html

There are no restrictions on how long you may leave a vehicle at a carpool parking facility. If a vehicle appears abandoned, however, it may be tagged and towed by the local or state police. Under the Michigan Vehicle Code, a vehicle may be considered abandoned 48 hours after being tagged by a law enforcement officer. You may wish to contact the police agency where the carpool lot is located for local enforcement practices.

I know in the past they've focused on this lot (and probably others) for cars being left there with for-sale signs in the window, but have never heard of other problems using the lot.

2. Re: State Street Park and Ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 01:48