We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2013

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Topic
Summer 2013

I am after some advice. We are thinking next June of coming back to Dubai to use our free week at the JA, we would quite like an extra week either at one of the Madinat hotels (MAS/Al Qa Sar/DAM/Zabeel Saray) or O&O. When is the best time you guys have found to book the hotels for a good deal, we would like the Summer flavours deal or free half board. Also when is the best time to book? I know flights arent available for next June yet, this is our first time booking without a travel agent and a lot of you regulars on here seem to get really good deals!!!

Many thanks in advance :-)

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer 2013

I'm sure they are not out until the beginning of next year. I'd hold fire yet on booking if you want Summer Flavours. It's something I'm looking for too, so just watching and waiting.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer 2013

Thats kind of what I thought. If you find any deals can you let me know and i will do the same? :-)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer 2013

What would people say is a good price to pay for flights in June? Like i said its my first time booking without a TA so dont want to pay over the odds :-)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
493 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer 2013

try skyscanner.net for flight comparisons. I've used that regularly and usually find a good deal......

the cheapest usually works out at an indirect flight such as qatar airways (very good) or royal brunei, but you may prefer direct flights I don't know. You may even get lucky with a flight sale with Qatar or Emirates...

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer 2013

I'd sign up with all the airlines so you get emails when they have sales and I would use netflights or sky scanner to check who is quoting best prices - it's a wee bit early and ideally either the Spetember sales or the December/January flight sales is a good time.

I'd also check Etihad and BA both of whom fly to Abu Dhabi as Jebli Ali is only a 1 hour drive from there.

If you look at Etihad put Dubai as your final destination and then your ticket automatically includes a bus transfer to Dubai.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer 2013

What are we looking at paying roughly for a return flight?

I had a look at qatar and a return flight is £490

yorkshire
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer 2013

We flew with Qatar late may and early June a few weeks ago. We booked our tickets during a Qatar sale in late August 2011 and paid 320 each. We kept checking prices and they hovered around that amount for a few weeks before shooting up. When we checked prices again during the January sale they were around 360 a ticket so I'd wait a bit and then book at a price you are happy with. However they changed their flight schedule in march 2012 so this forced us into paying £250 between 5 of us for an extra night.

I'm also looking now for next years flights hoping some good sales come on.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer 2013

There is always a January sale at the start of every year with Emirates ( direct flight ) & Lufthansa ( 1 stop ) for flights between May & June end, just before the start of summer holidays in UK & Europe. I booked with them for two years, got some great bargains.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Summer 2013

Hi,

With regards to the hotel booking, I feel it is best to book 2-4 months in advance, as by this time they have more of an idea about room occupancy and may adjust rates accordingly.

We stayed at JZS last year (July) and booked an "Advance Purchase" rate two months prior. We booked it on their own website after it was the lowest rate I saw, (this was after checking every couple of days for a few months). Then to my disadvantage it came down even further two weeks later. I could not cancel and rebook it, as the rate was already pre-paid and non refundable.

So I guess it is down to luck in order to get the best rate, but in terms of time 2-4 months would be an ideal time to book a hotel.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Summer 2013

I have had a quote today for the DAM for 2 people with free half board for £1796 for 7-nights next June