We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert Safari Age Restriction

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Desert Safari Age Restriction

We are a family of 5 going to Dubai for the first time in June this year. We were very much looking forward to doing the desert safari. Has anyone else done this with children? Our kids are 11,10, 4 I read in a brochure that the age limit is 6 years old.

Is this ok to do with children or should we give it a miss?

Any replies would be much appreciated. I have emailed Arabian Adventures for the second time and have not yet received a reply.

MV

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

We did an Arabian Adventures Dune Safari in January with our 4yr old, he was desperate to try it. They made us take an exclusive car and not a shared one due his age which meant we could take it a bit easier. With the age of your kids I'd say they should be fine.

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

Oh and they take ages to get back to you, worth sending a I've sent you 2 emails already, I'm considering going elsewhere!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

Thanks very much for your reply Tracey. If you don't mind me asking was alot more expensive to take the exclusive car? going by the prices I'v seen so far I think it's going to cost us around $500 AUD already?

Thanks again MV

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

Think I was around £190 for the 3 of us, just deleted the email the other day'

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
Level Contributor
811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

Try looking at Time Out Dubai for various desert safari operators also.

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

Ok, so we were charged Aed 1050 which I believe works out around $276 Aus. That was for 2 adults and a child, think maybe I paid an adult price for my ds. Arabian Adventures appealed as we only wanted to do dune bashing and not the full meal, belly dancing thing as it would have been a long nite for ds.

South Africa
Level Contributor
391 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

We have 2 kids 5 and 6 at time of travel and they have also advised that we will need to take a private vehicle - which suits us better too - as we'd prefer not to stay for the belly-dancing anyway! There is a maximum of 6 people in a vehicle - so you'd almost need the full vehicle anyway! This way - you also don't have to swap places like they usually make you if you are with other strangers. They do also request a booster for my 5 yr old for US$20 - but I have advised that I will have one with us anyway! I would book with Arabian Adventures as their "record" seems to be the best!

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

They provided a booster for my son free of charge.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

You will need a private car with a 4 year old and you will get a reduced price for the empty seats. It's a great night and my 4 yr old loved it, camel riding, falconary even the belly dancer. Coming back to Dubai is much quicker. We were back by 10 pm.

10. Re: Desert Safari Age Restriction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:48