We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

Leicester, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

Hi

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times and I have checked the forum and read reviews but which Afternoon Experience is the best??

Hight tea? Sky tea? Ultimate afternoon tea? or the asian afternoon tea?

I don't even drink tea!....i'm just going for the experience and views!

Also what time is best to go?

Look forward to your responses..

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

if its views you want go for the sky bar

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

I think thats the first time I've ever heard the words "tea" and "experience" in the same sentence....

Save you money and buy a 10Dhs coke in the observatory bar....views better...

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

I would take afternoon tea in the Sky View Bar but book about 4pm (or a little later if they allow) so you get the views in daylight and if you stay a while you will also get sunset.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

If you're not into the whole traditional afternoon tea thing...

Better have a proper meal... perhaps lunch @ Al Iwan (Arabian Restaurant @ Burj Al Arab). jumeirah.com/en/…

After you're done... you are free to roam around the hotel, for views go to Skyview Bar... there's also this little gift shop, good for those Burj souvenirs.

Japan
Level Contributor
244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

Buying a coke would be a nice deal, if you could get into the hotel, that is. But you cannot get into the BAA itself unless you have a confirmed reservation for rooms, meals, or drinks. I haven't been yet, but have made a reservation for the Sky Tea since I wanted the view. I booked at 16:30, and the "tea" will be my early dinner. I have heard it can be quite filling because they will bring as much as you want until you say "stop". (Anybody correct me if I am wrong.)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,538 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

Harrypic is talking about buying a coke in the Observatory restaurant on the 53rd floor of the Mariott Harbour Hotel and residence.

Unlike the Burj that doesn't require advance reservation to get in and has fabulous views of the Marina area and Palm Island.

It's not the Burj though and for most folk the cost is worth the experience to go in the Burj.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
683 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

Rapublico, I had afternoon tea about the same time as you have booked and we were encouraged to stay for the sunset and continue to eat. It was after 7 when we left and we had certainly eaten enough not to need an evening meal.

Leicester, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

Thanks...going to book for around 4pm and stay until sunset!

It is AED 425 = £75!!! - It better be worth it!

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

We did the Friday Brunch worked out £190 for the two of us. Fantastic experience, worth every penny, view, food all amazing and conscidering the choice and all you can eat buffet actually good value for money as long as you don't have any alcohal!

Japan
Level Contributor
244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Burj Al Arab - which tea experience?

Thanks, Manxtravellor and all others who have provided info about the

BAA tea experience, especially the Sky Tea. This is the type of info that helps us first time visitors in planning.

From the great info provided by the Dubai posters, I chose to book at 16:30 and will plan to stay until at least sunset, which is possible. I heard that the BAA takes Sky Tea reservations until 17:00, but figured that 16:30 for us will give us a "taste" of the tea time atmosphere, and then we can linger over up until the bar atmosphere takes over.

I might also go for the cheap coke at the Observatory, which might have better views and cheaper prices, but it just won't be the Burj Al Arab (with all its hype) for sure. For me, a hotel junkie, I have dreamed about stepping foot in the BAA since I first saw and read about it. Since I can't afford to stay there , just having the opportunity to go for tea (overpriced or not) in order to get inside, will be satisfying enough. I wil be celebrating my birthday there, and am hoping for a great time.