We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Dubai Trip in Jan with kids

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 posts
Save Topic
Short Dubai Trip in Jan with kids

Hi,

We are planning a short stopover in Dubai (2 nights 1.5 days) in Jan of 2012. My wife and I will be with our 2 children (2 years old and 8 months old). We were hoping to get some advice on a good place to stay, we were considering the Atlantis Resort, but it doesn't look the weather in Jan is conducive to using all the outdoor facilities.

Any friendly advice on where to stay? We essentially are looking for a place where we can just take it easy in a nice area for a few days. Don't mind spending a reasonable amount on the room (although the 7 star boat hotel thing is out of our range!)

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,834 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Dubai Trip in Jan with kids

I would cross out the Atlantis resort if you want to see anything of Dubai - it's very isolated and 5kms off the coast.

The weather in January is still warm enough to sunbathe mid 20soC is the norm.

Do you want to be on the beach in a resort type property or in the city in an area with promenades to walk around and many different restaurants to choose from ?

If the beach is important then I would recommend

Jumeirah Beach Hotel

or

Al Qasr hotel

Both of these hotels are part of a complex known as Madinat Jumeirah and are right in front of Burj Al Arab (the 7 star boat hotel). Nice beaches and very good children's facilities.

In the city then I would recommend

The Address hotel downtown

The Palace at the Old Town

the downtown area is the new centre of Dubai. It has Dubai Mall, which amongst other things has a huge aquarium and underwater zoo, the Burj Khalifa (world's tallest building), a lake promenade that is surrounded by restaurants and Souk al Bahar across the bridge.

Both of the above hotels are very nice 5* luxury and you can strol round the lake from both of them to visit the mall and souk al bahar.

This is a map of the Madinat complex

rv.org.ua/country/…madinat-maps.gif

and here is a video about the downtown area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0OQnzmVV7s

Hope that helps

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,818 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Jumeirah Al Qasr at...
3,613 Reviews
Burj Al Arab
Burj Al Arab
10,628 Reviews
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
60,736 Reviews
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Dubai Trip in Jan with kids

Thank you so much for your response. I think we would likely do the beach area. I'll check out those two hotels online.

Thanks again!

3. Re: Short Dubai Trip in Jan with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 11:46