We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

Kent
Level Contributor
224 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

I am presuming this is possible?

Are there any ATM's at the airport?

I usually get a better rate withdrawing cash using my credit card than exchanging cash - so I presume this applies to Dubai??

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
2,163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

There are ATMs in the airport, main shopping malls and also the main shopping streets. Some mini marts also have ATMs outside their stores as well as well as banks.

Dubai
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

there are lots ATMS on air port and before checkout from immigration also there is ATM you can withdraw money from there

Kent
Level Contributor
224 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

Hi - thank you very much. Just wanted to be sure I was safe to arrive with no cash at all - just cards!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

It shouldn't be a problem as there many ATMs in Dubai. There are ATMs in the airport arrival hall also. You can withdraw upto AED 10,000 per day. There maybe an ATM in your hotel also.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

I think everyone's cash limits for withdrawal vary, the amount you mention is not standard for everyone.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

You need to check with your card issuer to see how much you can withdraw and the charges associated with it. The ATM in Dubai will not charge you.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Kent
Level Contributor
224 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

Many thanks - for all the replies! Just wanted to be sure as was not planning on bringing any cash with me - so getting some at the airport is possible - that makes life easy!

Thank you

8. Re: Withdrawing cash from ATM's ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 09:48