We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

Mumbai
Level Contributor
337 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

Hello,

I wanted to purchase the DU Visitor simcard on arrival atthe Dubai airport.

Can anyone tell me how long would the visitor sim card take to get activated once I purchase it?

Is there a DU store at Terminal 1?

Thanks

Amit

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

Abt 15 minutes

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,527 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

And there is a Du kiosk in the arrivals hall at terminal 1

San Diego...
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

If you have your phone, they will put the sim card in and activate it for you - if you don't, they will still activate it for you on the spot.

I would suggest going to du.ae and looking at the prices and having a VERY firm idea of what you want and how much it should cost before you get there. The staff are generally helpful, but there might be a language barrier and it is pretty impossible to make any changes once you leave the counter.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
337 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

Thank you all for the replies.

2 sleeps to go!!

Dubai
Level Contributor
529 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

Sim cards at the airport are sold at the official list prices.You could buy them at cheaper rate from the corner shops in town.For example etisalat sim card is sold for AED35 including AED25 credit in the towm

6. Re: Pre-paid simcard at Dubai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 09:49