We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Can someone please tell me what the best time to visit would be. We would like to go up and see the views from daylight but also want to see the sunset and views by night. We don't want to be waiting at the top for hours so can someone advise when the best time would be to view this. We have never been to Dubai before so have no idea what sort of time the sun sets. Also can anyone tell me whether children are allowed to do the afternoon tea experience at Burj al arab or are their restrictions.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

When are you thinking of coming to Dubai? You're asking about views etc during day and night. Unless you say when you're going to be here how can you expect answers?

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Sorry I forgot that bit, i guess it's important lol. We will be visiting in the first week of June 2011.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,527 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

According to this web site

timezoneguide.com/…

Sunset in Dubai in the first week of June 2011 will occur at around 7pm and lengthens by a minute every day.

So if you buy a ticket for around 6.15/6.30 you should get the best of both. You may want to check the web site nearer the time for any dramatic differences

Children can take afternoon tea at the Burj BUT only in the Sahn Edar lounge. If you want to do afternoon tea in the skyview bar at the top of the hotel then the age restriction is over 21s

North London
Level Contributor
531 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

We thought it would be a good idea to buy tkts last Tuesday for 6.30pm but because of the long wait to get into the lifts to take you up to the 124th floor by the time we got up there it was 7.05 and completely dark...so if we were to go up again I'd book for 6. Also you can stay up there as long as you like.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,101 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Slots approaching sunset time are very popular so it's best to book a few days in advance, particularly at weekends. You can do this online or by going to the ticket office in Dubai Mall.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
168 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Latimer,

OK, help me here. Working with what you were suggesting in your post here, I'm gonna peel the onion bit more with your input. On Oct. 26 I have dinner reservations at Indego at 8 p.m. Would like to visit the top of Khalifa before that (just prior to sunset?) and before the visit to the top (as you suggested?), have a drink in Khalifa sky view bar. Does that make sense? If so, what time for the bar and what time to book elevator to top? Does this make sense? And still have time to Indego (or should I make that reservation later?). Thanks. Ken

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
65 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Hello

You can go for lunsj at Al Muntaha at the top of Burj with children and for dinner at 7 pm. They are free if under 3 yrs old, 50 % discount under 12.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,527 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Ken

You are mixing your Burj-es'

Burj Al arab - the hotel you are staying in has the skyview bar and, as an hotel guest, you can go up anytime you like to see the view, Granted, in the morning they'll be hovering the carpet and they won't be serving drinks but you can go up just to see the views anytime or for drinks when it is open to serve them. Note that if your suite is on a high floor it may well be the same view only higher.

Burj Khalifa - the world's tallest tower is in downtown Dubai. You have to book tickets to go up to the observation deck and there is no bar there. Burj Khalifa is about 15-20 minutes by cab from Bur al Arab.

Now on to Indego. This is in Grosvenor House hotel and that is 10 minutes from Burj al Arab by cab. I would can plans to go to either the skyview bar or Burj Khalifa before dinner at Indego and instead head straight for Barr 44 at the Grosvenor House hotel. This opens at 6pm I think, although you will need to check (get the Burj butler to do that)

As the name may suggest it is on the 44th floor and therefore has spectacular views of the Palm (much closer than the view from the Burj Al Arab) and the sunset, although of course this will be earlier in October.

As an alternative before Indego - the Observatory bar at the Mariott Harbour hotel (almost next door to the Grosvenor House) opens at 5.30pm and has a happy hour till 7pm. This bar is on the 53rd floor and again has spectacular views of the Palm and the sunset. even though it is only next door ish you will need to taxi between the two in time for your dinner at 8pm

Hope that helps with your plans

Edited: 04 September 2010, 05:20
London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

I would say do an online booking for 5:30pm as it can take upto 30 mins to get up the lift to the obsvation platform, and book the tickets early minium 48 hours before visit.

I booked for 7pm and didnt arrive to the top til 7:35pm as they were only running 1 lift instead of 2, I knew I missed the sunset and thought I get a glimpse of the city before it went dark, but no I only got a night view so not a lot to see, didnt stay long max 15-20 tops, which for £20 per ticket is a lot.

So if you get up there before sunset and get a good 30-45min before sunset you can enjoy the view more.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the best time to visit the Burj Khalifa?

Hi

Just wanted to get your valued opinion.

I plan to visit the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa on 20 Otober. Based on the sunset being at around 550pm (is this correct?), do you think it would be safe to book for 430pm so I can see Dubai in daylight and night time? Or maybe book for 4pm to make sure I get enough daylight?

Thanks

Karen