We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Ok to Board"???

Miami
1 post
Save Topic
"Ok to Board"???

Just after booking a flight in the last minute I've learned that beside visa one needs "ok to board" stamp in order to get into flight. I am flying from Bombay and not sure if that aplies for tourists as well and does it metter which nationality you are?

Is it possible to board the flight without obtaining "ok to board" stamp?

Thank you!!!!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Ok to Board"???

I've never heard of an OK to board stamp for any flight, let alone one specific for Dubai.

However, I will make a massive assumption and assume it is the stamp that check in people put on the system to issue a boarding card and for that you only need to show up and produce a passport

Karachi, Pakistan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: "Ok to Board"???

Latimer is wrong.

An OK to board is required for certain countries. I know that it's required for travelers from Pakistan for sure, and perhaps for India as well.

It's stamped by a travel agent on the visa copy you'll be using for departing from your country. The basic purpose is to avoid "fake" visa copies used for leaving the home country (and later getting stuck up at your destination).

by The Pied Piper (http://www.thejaywalker.net)

3. Re: "Ok to Board"???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 10:45