We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

Bangalore, India
9 posts
Save Topic
Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

Please list some must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shops..

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,157 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

Pointless for us to list anything for you because what I consider I must buy will be of no use to you at all if you don't want one or you could get them cheaper in India.

Nothing is actually a 'must buy' most things you can find in Dubai itself for less than in Duty free

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

Good answer Latimer ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

The only thing I bought at Duty Free (except for dates and Hershey's chocolates and a shampoo as a joke) was a camel parade ornament which was quite special and definitely cheaper than I'd seen it in the shops.

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

a lot of people from india buy dates from the duty free shop as that is a local speciality. not that you cannot buy dates at home but the packaging and prices are often better here and relevant to the local culture.

shishas are also available; could be use as an ornament if you don't actually want to smoke it!

At the moment the Dubai Summer Festival is on and the smiling yellow figure representing it is a cartoon called Modesh. There are a lot of childrens items with this figure in a stall in the duty free. Stuffed toys, bags, towels etc. which could make nice gifts that are distinctively Dubai.

None of these are of course must-buys but particular to the region/city...

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

The Arabic Perfumes and Bakhoors are top class at the Airport and much cheaper than what you would pay in the West (if available at all).

Bangalore, India
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

thanks..

7. Re: Must buy items in dubai airport duty-free shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 11:47