We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy mobile phones?

Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy mobile phones?

Hi,

Where is the best place to buy either a Nokia N95 or N97? I'm thinking of getting one during my visit in July if they're cheaper than in UK.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy mobile phones?

Hi,

Either Duty Free or one of the big electrical retailers like plug ins (www.pluginelectronix.com).

Very much doubt, at the current exchange, you'll get it cheaper here in Dubai - plug ins price for an N95 (original not 8GB) is 2103Dhs, so around £380.

Not sure about Dubai duty free prices, but they won't be much different.

Marc

Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy mobile phones?

Wow! That's expensive.

Thanks for replying.

Riyadh
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy mobile phones?

Is the quoted price true? I actually am reluctant to believe it. In Saudi Arabia, the price of 8GB (not Original 2GB) is around 1800 AED, and it is well believed that mobile costs are a little cheaper than in Dubai. For example, in Pakistan the cost are cheaper of mobiles than in Saudi Arabia and most - if not all - dealers import their mobiles from Dubai.

So, its quite logical that you would get mobile quite cheaper with respect to Asian Zone. Can't compare with UK or US though.

My 2 cents...

Riyadh
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy mobile phones?

...and it is well believed that mobile costs are a little HIGHER than in Dubai...

Sorry... corrected the mistake!

Dubai
Level Contributor
191 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy mobile phones?

cheapest mobile around is at Carrefour Dubai don't waste time else where

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy mobile phones?

I'm inclined to agree with Tario, Carrefour are pretty cheap when it comes to mobiles.

Although whether it's any cheaper than the UK at the minute I'm not sure.

7. Re: Where to buy mobile phones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 11:03