We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Topic
JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

which also allow children ?

We are staying at the JBH but would like some opinions on the restaurants in there & also next door at the Madinat.

We love all types of food. I had heard that the chinese in the Madinat was very good but doesn't allow children - are there any other nice chinese restaurant's around ? Is the Marina appropriate for children ? are there any dishes that aren't fish for the fussier travellers amongst us ?

Is La Parilla appropriate for kids ? We just love our steaks ! Are there any others that are definately worth a visit ?

Thanks

Peanuthead

x

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

IMHO la Parrila isn't suitable for kids. I'm not sure if they allow them in or not, but I didn't see any when I ate in there a month ago. It's very 'dressy' if you know what I mean, I would prefer more relaxed dining if eating with children.

Lattitude at JBH is a huge buffet restaurant - not everyones cup-of-tea but certainly there is something for everyone and children are made very welcome.

Chinese food is available at Sezzam at the Emirates Mall and is very good, if you happen to be there and fancy a bite to eat. Again, children are made very welcome.

I can't remember the name of it but there is a persian restaurant at the Madinat which serves fantastic kebabs etc.

There is a huge choice of food available in the Jumeriah hotels, I'm sure you will find something to suit even the fussiest eaters!

Enjoy x

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

How old are the children ?

In any event I wouldn't just stick to the restaurants in the two places you've mentioned. The Mall of the Emirates is 15 minutes away by cab and there are many more child friendly restaurants in there.

Understand that you probably want to dress up and eat a few times but seriously the restaurants in the Madinat and the JBH are pricey

In the Mall of the Emirates you've got Sezzam as previously mentioned and then lots of other places including the food court, TGI Fridays, Butchers Shop and grill (where the steaks are in my opinion a lot better than La Parilla and half the price), a great Chinese, a lebanese, a smashing Italian, Chillis all within walking distance of the Magic Planet kids zone and next to the cinema

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

There are tons of restuarants between madinat and JBH and when you arrive the madinat has a little book of all there resturants and concierge should be able to steer you in the right direction for what is good for a family.

JBH has a good selection of resturants that the kids would like.

the marina has loads of places as well, and is nice for kids as very relaxed, the malls have also been well recommended.

England
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

There are many good places to eat in the Mall of the Emirates to suit all tastes and budgets. We always stay at JBH and I especially enjoy the South East Asian buffet at the Beachcombers Restaurant.

My son is 11 and he always manages to find something to suit his tastes on the menu. Most of the restaurants in the JBH also provide a children's menu which offer the usual selections of burger, pasta etc.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

Go West in JBH is child friendly, nice steaks burgers, chilli etc , a live band and a lifelike horse children like to climb on!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

Thanks !

The children in our party are 5, 21mths & 18mths. I know we have children with us but we are just not into the "burger & chips" type places (no offence). Sounds like there are some brilliant suggestions there. Have already put Sezzam on our list along with Go West at the JBH, and this Butchers Shop Grill sounds nice too as we are all into steaks. Do you know the names of the Chinese restaurant & the Italian restaurant in the Mall of Emirates ? All this said, we don't want to have to catch taxi's every night for tea !

Thanks again

P

x

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

The Chinese is called Chop, chop I think.

Can't rememeber the name of the Italian but there all in the same place.

No offence taken at the suggestion of eating in a food court but please don't mix them up with the appaling things we have here that pass for food courts.

There is far more choice on offer than burgers and chips

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

The good thing about the Sezzam restaurant is that even though it's in a mall they serve wine & it's right beside the Ski Dome so it's nice to watch the skiers. As Latti says don't confuse Dubai Mall restaurants with malls in other places.

London
Level Contributor
763 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

Yes i would have to re-enforce the same message that malls are in a different class in dubai and the restaurants they house are of the best quality around so please do not take offense when somebody recommends a restaurant which is housed in a mall.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBH & Madinat hotel's Which are the best restaurants ...

If it's the Italian I'm thinking about it's called Apres and like, Sezzam, the reason that both can serve alcohol is that they are actually part of the Kempinski but you just walk around the corner from Chop Chop and there they are! Very good pizzas - imo - also steaks, salads etc and again it overlooks the ski slope. The Butcher Shop & Grill is the same one as in Santon (?spelling) in Jo'burg,RSA. The steaks are fantastic as are the lamb chops. This doesn't have an alcohol licence as it's part of MoE.