We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai hotel recommendations

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai hotel recommendations

My boyfriend and I are planning to visit Dubai in October. We want to have a relaxing pool/beach holiday but also not be too far away from the heart of Dubai so we can visit the malls etc and explore the city. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel or area of Dubai to stay in? There are so many hotels in Dubai and with it being such a large place, we don't want to at the wrong side/area.

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,992 Reviews
from US$ 67.40*
US$ 89.87
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
150 Reviews
from US$ 59.00*
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
406 Reviews
from US$ 53.00*
2 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai hotel recommendations

Without knowing your budget it will be difficult for people to suggest actual hotels. However, if you’re looking for a combination of pool and beach then I would suggest starting to look at hotels along The Walk (many are directly on the beach and have their own private beach access whilst others are on the opposite side and either have access to beach facilities at a sister resort or else you can use the public section of the beach). If you can give a budget then people will be able to be more specific.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai hotel recommendations

Location is perhaps the singlemost important criteria for Dubai hotels, especially for first time visitors, as the layout of the city can catch folk out.

There isn't a real heart of the city, as it's a city that has developed linearly along a highway over 40-50 km.

My advice would be :-

a) consider which sights and areas you would like to visit, and save/pin on Google Maps to find an area practically located to visit them. Research the different areas, as each has its own pros/cons.

b) Suggest your needs - no of guests (inc kids), dates, preferred sleeping arrangements

c) indicate a budget - taking care to note if the figure should include taxes and charges

d) What is the 'deal breaker' that your hotel must have, or be?

This will help winnow down the overwhelm by quite a margin.

Edited: 18 August 2018, 01:05
Reply to: Dubai hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted