We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening dress code for women

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Evening dress code for women

Hi,

Looking for advice on dress codes for evening meal etc. I appreciate the cover to knees and shoulders when going to the mall and around the city etc., but what about hotel restaurants? We are staying at Atlantis and like to make an effort to dress up for our evening meal so just wanting to check if a strapless dress would be OK to wear as we would effectively not be leaving the hotel and just eating at one of the restaurants. I appreciate a teeny-tiny mini skirt and handkerchief top would probably not be recommended, but some of the dress code advice is quite conflicting when it comes to being around the hotel.

Thanks

Ahlan First Class Lounge
₹₹₹₹, Bar, International
The Gallery
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Bar, Asian, Pub
8 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening dress code for women

What you describe is fine for dining in an hotel restaurant - you will almost certainly never be overdressed in a 5* high end restaurant in Dubai.

In fact you may find you are too cold as the air con is set very high and a light pashmina to cover your shoulders would probably be welcome - not for any other reason than it'll stop you shivering

Edited: 07 August 2018, 15:34
Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening dress code for women

Thanks Latimer

Level Contributor
201 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening dress code for women

hi yorky lass

dress as elegantly as you want especially at the Atlantis bot sure what time of year you are goind but in summer the air con is cranked up very cool so low backs and bare arms will be cold indoors so get yourself down to snooty frox /or rag doll and treat yourself

Brian H

Leeds Yorkshire

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening dress code for women

The air con will make you so cold. Just bring some sort of shrug to cover your shoulders.

West Midlands...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening dress code for women

Hi, sorry to jump on your post yorkylass. Does anyone know if I will be ok to wear a backless dress to dinner at Bread Street Kitchen in the Atlantis? We are staying at the Atlantis next week for my husbands birthday. Will something like that be frowned upon?

Mentioned in this post
Bread Street Kitchen
Bread Street Kitchen
1,258 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
201 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening dress code for women

not at all make sure the tattoos are spelt right lol

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening dress code for women

I doubt it will be frowned upon in Atlantis but the air con comment still holds true and I wouldn't go out of the hotel in it

West Midlands...
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening dress code for women

Thanks Latimer

Reply to: Evening dress code for women
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted