We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Jumeirah Kids Club

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
336 posts
35 reviews
Hilton Jumeirah Kids Club

I'm off to the Hilton on the beach next week for 8 nights and taking my 4 year old granddaughter.

We've been to this hotel many many times but it was before the little one came along and I wasn't even aware there was a kids club. Well apparently there is and they have sent me a schedule of events which looks to be excellent.

Has anyone actually had experience of kids club?

3 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Hilton Jumeirah Kids Club

Hi

We tried it out last year after requests from our 3 year old. I was required to stay with her, which was absolutely fine. When we arrived the room was almost empty with only one older child and a smaller toddler who was with their nanny. The lady in charge was lovely and very welcoming and within 20 mins there were 18 children in there ranging between approximately 1.5 years and about 9-10 years old.

It was a complete free for all with many of the older children being quite boisterous, disruptive and in some cases downright unkind towards the younger ones or those that didn't speak the same language as they did. The staff member was absolutely rushed off her feet and was desperately trying to move from one set of children to another in an attempt to calm them down and ask them to behave appropriately. I felt terribly sorry for her and she was telling me that she's by herself the majority of the time unless it's really busy then she can phone for assistance. I wasn’t sure what constituted “really busy” but I guess I was comparing it to standards here in the UK as I work in the education sector (eg Ratios etc..) - which I wouldn’t have been. However, for me it just didn’t seem safe with one adult and all those children.

It could have been a one off situation but on other days when we walked past it looked just as crazy and seeing as my daughter had felt uncomfortable in that environment, we didn’t go again. As I say, maybe it was a rarity and it’s not always like that / other children may be fine in that kind of environment. Just giving feedback on our experience. This was end of August 2017.

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
336 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Hilton Jumeirah Kids Club

Oh thank you SunSan. This is most definitely not what I want for my little one. No way will I leave her there!

BTW Ritz Carlton was as you said very good.

London
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Hilton Jumeirah Kids Club

You’re welcome - as I said, this is purely my experience and things may be different etc but I would suggest you maybe check it out and get a feel for it to decide if it would be suitable for your little one.

So glad you loved the Ritz Carlton!

Reply to: Hilton Jumeirah Kids Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted