We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

layover

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
layover

Hi there,

I have an ~ 13 hour layover at DXB on a Tuesday, arriving at 13.45, departing at 2.40.

I arrive on Fly Dubai, and depart on Emirates, all booked on one ticket, so I'm assuming my luggage would be booked through.

I'd like to catch a taxi to Abu Dhabi to the Louvre. I believe that it closes at 20.00.

Which taxi would I catch, what would it cost (approximately) and how long would it take to get there?

Is there an easily accessible place to catch the taxi back to DXB?

Any ideas for what to do after the Louuvre closes?

Thanks,

CE

Edited: 05 August 2018, 12:22
Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,999 Reviews
from US$ 67.40*
US$ 89.87
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
158 Reviews
from US$ 59.00*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
410 Reviews
from US$ 53.00*
2 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,158 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: layover

You will land at terminal 2. Leave the airport (allow 1 hour for that) and head to the taxi rank to pick up a cream coloured standard taxi.

The journey will take 2 hours and cost roughly 300 dirham - you will need local currency for the taxi.

So you can assume you will be at the Louvre for 5pm.

Outside the Louvre there will be Abu Dhabi taxis, which are silver. I would be minded to leave 30 minutes before the Louvre closes so you can be sure of getting a taxi. The fare will be similar and again you will need local currency

That should mean you are in a taxi at 7.30pm and take it back to Dubai heading for Dubai Mall, where you will arrive around 9.30pm. Have dinner at Dubai Mall overlooking the fountain shows on the lake, which finish at 11pm and then take a taxi back to terminal 3 at Dubai airport. The mall is 20 minutes from the airport

You need to be at the airport by 12.40am latest.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 15:12
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: layover

I would also try to include a visit to the SZ Mosque in AD if you have some time - it’s a smashing building and well worth a look.

Reply to: layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted