We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit visa options

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
17 posts
75 reviews
transit visa options

Hello, I'll have a 17-hr window between my two flights and I was hoping to leave DXB to see some sights and meet a few friends. I am not flying via Emirates, so I cannot avail of their visa processing service. I also won't be staying in a hotel. Most agencies that I found only process short-term visas, instead of transit visas.

My questions are:

1. Do you have suggestions on how I can secure the transit visa for at most $90$? Agencies in Dubai, maybe?

2. I'm also considering if there are tours that also offer transit visas? I'm willing to do some half-day tours as well.

3. In case I can't secure a visa before my trip, do you know how much I'll spend if I get the transit visa on arrival? Although I've read that it isn't guaranteed.

4. Or do you just suggest I drop this idea and just sleep/stay in the airport? :/

Joanne

3 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: transit visa options

Use a Dubai based Travel Agency to get the visa, it will cost you around US $100/-. Process is very simple. Else sleep it off at the airport transit area.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
2. Re: transit visa options

Would you please send me a link to the agency

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: transit visa options

Females traveling alone may have a difficult time getting a VISA, reach out to a sponsoring agency and let them know your plans.

Reply to: transit visa options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted