We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

Hi folks bit of advice before i go hol shopping. Is the above group really strict on male attire at dinner? Eg covered shoe for dinner? Long sleeve shirt(in August)? Jacket? And would you really be turned away from either the hotel restaurant or an independent paying restaurant ? Intrigued in peoples views. Tia

Camel Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
Glitz & Glamore
Gift & Speciality Shops
6 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

You are going to receive a multitude of answers to your question. Some will be answered by traditionalists and some by people who like to challenge tradition and make it fit for them.

The question you need to ask yourself, are you someone who likes to keep with tradition and uphold standards, if so smart casual would mean trousers (not jeans) some nice closed shoes and a nice shirt, long sleeved perhaps with a cuff rolled open necked with perhaps a linen jacket.

Or are you someone who challenges and thinks because their jeans cost £200 they are classed as smart and acceptable attire, why not through in a tee shirt to display the guns and a pair of sliders or flip flops.

Jumeriah will not throw you out or bar you, they will accept you, you might not get the best service but hey ho your comfy.

On the point of a long shirt in August, you might well be glad of it as in August you will be eating inside and the air con is severe, the jacket might even help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,743 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

When you say Jumeirah restaurants that numbers close to 100 some of which will be high end full service restaurants with a dress code and every restaurant has their dress code listed on the website - I'd follow it.

Closed shoes for men is a requirement in most high end hotel restaurants except the buffet - you can see if you will get away with wearing sandals but don't be surprised if you get turned away.

Short sleeved shirt with a collar and trousers again would be the norm in a the high end restaurants - you'll be too cold in August in shorts because you won't be eating outside.

Keep shorts, flip flops, jeans (if you even bother to take any as they are too hot for summer) and casual shirts for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurants

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
3. Re: Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

Thankyou for the knowledge. Trousers and long skeeve shirt it is lol

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,743 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

As I said in post 2 - it doesn't have to be a long sleeved shirt. My husband and son have never worn long sleeved shirts in Dubai - what matters is that the shirt has a collar

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,097 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

A polo shirt is fine....just collar's required.

chester
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.

The only one my husband wore trousers for was the burj al Arab, the others jumeriah beach etc he wore shorts for and a polo shirt

Reply to: Dress code in jumeriah restaurants.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted