We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
95 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

I like a bit of lux in my hotels without breaking the bank. I'm heading to Dubai with just my husband. I am edging towards Park Hyatt Dubai from Aug. 19th to Aug. 25th, 2018, but am open to being closer to landmarks or the beach. I'm not into tall hotels, but I can be open since views are nice and all that. One hotel that I came across was Dukes Dubai. However, some former guests had issues with ongoing construction. I wanted to know if you all can point out all the areas in Dubai with construction presently taking place. Thank you all for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Park Hyatt Dubai
Park Hyatt Dubai
2,529 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
DUKES DUBAI
DUKES DUBAI
769 Reviews
9 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

Not really possible as there is construction somewhere in Dubai all the time so look at a map and you can almost guarantee there will be construction in most of it.

Park Hyatt is a nice 5* low rise luxury property with views over the creek. It is close to the older and more traditional part of Dubai and the nearest public stretch of beach is probably La Mer beach if you want to go to the beach.

Dukes Hotel is on the Palm, around 40 minutes by taxi from the area where Park Hyatt is situated. The palm is less convenient for most things than staying on the mainland and there is construction visible all over the palm.

This is a map of Dubai - it is not to scale and distances are further than they appear. Dubai is a linear city because of the way it has grown - it is very long and thin.

You are close to the beach wherever you stay and also close to landmarks, depending on which landmarks you want to be close to as things are spread out across the length of the city.

If you want to be central and have 5* luxury then there is an abundance of hotels situated close to Burj Khalifa, which is as central as it gets.

https:/…Dubai_Map_December_2017.pdf

If it helps with planning Park Hyatt is close to red flag 11 on the map and Dukes Hotel is on the palm and you already know that the driving distance between the 2 places in good traffic is around 40 minutes

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
La Mer
La Mer
617 Reviews
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
62,540 Reviews
New Jersey
Level Contributor
95 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

Thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

Easier to answer areas where there is no construction. Probably not many such places.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

It's hard to avoid construction areas in this town.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
95 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

Understood. I've chosen Park Hyatt. I've heard folks say a taxi is cheap and easy and others say metro is the way. Given my present location, which is cheapest and easiest as a mode of travel?

Edited: 08 August 2018, 18:41
County Limerick...
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

Hi all,

We are staying at the Jumeirah Creekside at present,no construction here.We have a fabulous Club room overlooking the creek, on the top floor(only 9 floors so not too high)great views and although its only a few minutes from the airport ,we have yet to hear a plane.

Two swimming pools,free transport and entrance to Wild Wadi Water park,free transport to Jumeirah Zabeel Sarays private beach and pools,free transport to Dubai Mall,.We are near festival city,Deira 1 dirham Abra crossing to Spice,textile and Gold souks,and close to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa.

Book through Jumeirah Sirius for best rates

Great staff and the Club Room offers afternoon tea from 3-5pm and complimentary drinks and canapés from 6-8pm each night-plenty of wine beers,liquors, spirits,soft drinks,water,tea,coffee,juices.And FYI children are allowed in the club lounge.

C.

Mentioned in this post
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
2,509 Reviews
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,845 Reviews
Zabeel Park
Zabeel Park
363 Reviews
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
24,237 Reviews
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
62,540 Reviews
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

To answer the question in post 5 - Park Hyatt is nowhere near the metro and your nearest station is a 15 minute walk so taxi will be the best option for you

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

# 6

Last sentence ruins it for me!!

County Limerick...
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?

To be fair,any kids are really well behaved,just sitting quietly with Mam or Dad playing board games or reading,older kids on phones or tablets-really relaxing atmosphere,lots of sofas and couches really spread out so nobody is ruining it for anybody!

Reply to: Areas of Construction in Dubai Presently?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted