We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo female travel

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Solo female travel

just booked the dukes hotel for October next year going myself 32 year old female. just a few questions if anyone can help?

Do female solo travellers get treated any differently?

what's the rules on tipping? and What is expected to be tipped?

can you wear a bikini and shorts in hotel complex but any time you leave cover knees, shoulders and top of neck?

can you sit anywhere yourself in restaurants?

I'm half board so just lunch and soft drinks and maybe the odd alcoholic drink would £1200 be enough for a week with a couple of trips, taxis etc cover it?

thanks for your help just want to suss everything out :)

4 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Solo female travel

Female solo travellers are not treated differently in Dubai. If anything, you will be pampered more.

Tipping between 5% and 10% in general.

You can wear bikini at the hotel pool or at beaches. Also no need to cover knees and shoulders unless it's mentioned to do so like big malls... No need to cover to of nech anywhere.

Yes, you can sit by yourself anywhere in restautants.

£1200 should be enough if you drink alcohol reasonably. Usually the biggest budget in Dubai goes for fancy restaurants and alcohol.

Enjoy!

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Solo female travel

Its an often asked question and the FAQ on the right hand side "Solo Female Travelling to Dubai - is it safe ?" should answer most of your concerns. Do come - you will love it.

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Solo female travel

thank you very much will go look

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Solo female travel

thank you for your reply! I'm not to bothered with fancy meals and booze. get two meals in hotel so hopefully will have enough to cover stuff. looking forward to it!

Reply to: Solo female travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted