We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Tea- I must book

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
131 reviews
High Tea- I must book

I am not sure exactly what a High Tea is but I have been ordered to book one! I searched and found a lot of threads about BAA and few others repeated.

One thread said to search for High Tea something Latimer did, but I couldn't find it.

Not looking for the best, just decent and a view would suffice.

Thanks

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
2,024 Reviews
from US$ 67.40*
US$ 89.87
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
413 Reviews
from US$ 48.00*
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
166 Reviews
from US$ 58.65*
US$ 69.00
8 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: High Tea- I must book

When you specify “decent” I take it you mean quality and cost. Most of the High Teas are of a good quality and often they are enhanced by there location and view, obviously the establishment and the vista will increase or decrease the price.

Do you have a particular area you wish to be looking at? Do you wish to be up high? Do you want to be by the sea? Do you have a price limit?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,426 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: High Tea- I must book

Do you want 'high tea' or 'afternoon tea' slightly different propositions.

Afternoon tea is usually served between 2.30pm and 5pm and many, many places do that.

High tea would start at 6pm and only a few places offer that including Burj al Arab - their high tea is much cheaper than their afternoon tea because of timing and location in the hotel.

So price, location, quality all come into it.

For a really nice afternoon tea with a view and definitely won't break the bank if you have an entertainer 2 for 1 app, then my recommendation would be Al Samar at Mina a Salam hotel.

If you want high tea between 6 and 7pm in the Sahn Eddar lounge at Burj al Arab then that's the one to go for

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,515 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: High Tea- I must book

Greg

A few options here....

https:/…

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
131 reviews
4. Re: High Tea- I must book

Thanks for your input I will check them out. Its def high tea I have been told to book.

I expect most will be "decent" but not looking for best or worst. I can't see myself paying $200 per head for a few cakes, so lower to mid range is probably where I am aiming?

Any sort of view or interesting decor/atmosphere is ok.

London
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: High Tea- I must book

If it is only high tea you’re interested in then you’ll need to look at Burj Al Arab and the few others that offer it.

However, I’d second Latimer’s recommendation for afternoon tea at Al Samar at the Mina A Salam Hotel in Madinat Jumeirah. It has lovely views of the Burj Al Arab and with the Entertainer voucher, you really can’t go wrong!

Scarborough
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
144 reviews
6. Re: High Tea- I must book

Definitely agree Al Samar .. though I loved BAA and looking around , don’t think we could justify staying there ! But the food was better or at least as good for a lot less dirham

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
131 reviews
7. Re: High Tea- I must book

High Tea must have a different meaning in the northern hemisphere, High Tea is usually in the afternoon here. I will check out both Afternoon Tea and High Tea options, thanks.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
131 reviews
8. Re: High Tea- I must book

After some research, Al Samar is probably leading and Prime 68 for an earlybird dinner for sunset. Some others on the list are Al Fayrooz, Raffles and Al Bayt (buffet tea?)

Thanks Mondial for that link, it was great. Thanks all.

Reply to: High Tea- I must book
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted