We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby car seat - travelling in Dubai

Orpington, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Baby car seat - travelling in Dubai

Hi all - i am aware there is plenty of coverage on the forum about taxis and baby car seats, particularly relating to airport taxis. We are going in October and have a transfer arranged to the hotel. My question is more around advice you have on what tourists can do in terms of travelling around Dubai from your hotel with a baby if Taxi's don't generally have seats? We but would like to go out to the mall, green planet, the marina etc and not be confined only to the hotel.

I have seen the information about Careem taxis and also advice about renting a car (which i am not that keen on) and bringing your own seat. Any other suggestions?

Are there places at the malls or other attractions you can leave a car seat if we were to take one?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby car seat - travelling in Dubai

Careem kids comes with a car seat.

Otherwise there is no guarantee (just like in the UK) that a standard taxi will come with a car seat.

In most attractions and in the malls there are places to leave items. We always took our own car seat from home or when our son was older we took a travel booster seat from Mothercare as I recall

England
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby car seat - travelling in Dubai

Not knowing the ages you are talking about, but working the baby seat I’m guessing small.

Can you borrow or look into one of the buggy seats that detached and the cradle part becomes a car seat. This way you will only have one buggy to take and it’s multi use whether you in the car or walking about.

Reply to: Baby car seat - travelling in Dubai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted