We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Marina or Dubai Downtown( or others)

Central Romania...
2 posts
Save Topic
Dubai Marina or Dubai Downtown( or others)

I know that there are many topics about this dilema, but none of them answears my needs. We are a couple of 2 young adults and we visit Dubai for the first time for 4 nights. We are looking for night walks (because we are travelling now, at the end of august, and we know that is really, really hot) between restaurants and bars, we want to go to the beach, we also want to do a safari trip and see most of the main attractions. I know that marina is closer to the beach, and downtown closer to most of the main attractions, but by example, if i stay in downtown, it will be easy to go for a day in marina and spend some time over there? Or opposite, if I stay in Marina, I will manage to see attractions in Downtown, despite the only 4 nights that we are staying there?

Thank you !!

2 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Marina or Dubai Downtown( or others)

Yes it's possible to travel between the two areas.

Allow an hour (maximum) to travel between them, depending on if it's taxi, bus, Metro etc.

As for this line - " I know that there are many topics about this dilema, but none of them answears my needs. " I'd suggest you could benefit from a ltitle more research in the top questions on right hand side of the page, or even looking back through forum.

The information given matches what's been said many times previously; it's wise to take a day or evening to explore one area (Marina/Downtown) whilst staying in the other.

Top tip - Dubai can be an expensive place, but the more time you spend on research, planning and shopping around will benefit your pocket and time in the long run 😄

Central Romania...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Marina or Dubai Downtown( or others)

Thank you for your response.

I will do my research properly from now.

It's a hard decision for me, both of them are good areas, i love the beach, but also downtown is the heart of dubai..so it's hard.

Reply to: Dubai Marina or Dubai Downtown( or others)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted