We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Level Contributor
34 posts
Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Hii

I am arriving at Dubai international airport at 0500h on sunday & my connecting flight is at 1500h same day.

I want to spend some 8 hrs with me to see Burj Khalifa & any other place near if possible.

I have transit VISA

How do I travel from airport to burj khalifa , taxi ,bus , cost& time ?

Do I need any pre- tickets to visit burj khalifa?

I want to reach back to airport at 1300h

Plz advice me for my short layover at DUBAI

12 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Hi singh,

now very hot here in Dubai. please do the online booking.

visit Dubai Mall aquarium and under water zoo. Then shopping in Dubai mall.

Better to take taxi to come to Dubai mall. metro is also connected to Dubai mall from airport terminal 1 & 3.

wishing you a nice trip

Level Contributor
34 posts
2. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Hii Rajesh

Is Dubai Mall & Acquarium are near Burj Khalifa?

& will the metro available from airport to burj khalifa or nearby early morning at 0600h ?

Or if its not vert costly I can take a Taxi?

Plz suggest

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,707 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Your flight gets in a 5am so you will be out of the airport by 6am and in a taxi on your way to Burj Khalifa (always providing you don't decide to visit Atlantis instead - see your other post)

Book a Burj Khalifa ticket on line for 7am or later to ensure you have enough time and take the taxi to the Fashion Avenue entrance at Dubai Mall - this is because the entrance to Burj Khalifa observation deck is actually in Dubai Mall.

You will spend around 90 minutes in total to go up to the observation deck and then when you come down you can probably fit in seeing the Mall and the aquarium.

You need to be back in a taxi by 12.30pm to reach the airport by 1pm or if you choose to use the metro you will need to leave Dubai Mall by midday as the metro takes longer than a taxi.

You do not have time to visit Atlantis as well and to be honest there is nothing to see at Atlantis except the hotel lobby

Level Contributor
34 posts
4. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Hii Latimer

Thanks for your handy advice.

I booked the 0900h ticket of Burj Khalifa which is its first entry on sunday. I think seeing ur advice on Atlantis I am not planning now since I dont have much time since I am starting from airport at 0600h in metro/monorail & have to be back by 1300h in a taxi.

Anything else u can plz suggest me which I can utilize near Burj Khalifa

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,707 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

See post 3

You will spend around 90 minutes in total to go up to the observation deck and then when you come down you can probably fit in seeing the Mall and the aquarium.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

You will have time to see the mall, grab some food and head back to the airport. If you have some extra time, you may want to get the metro and ride towards the Marina and then turn around and head back to the airport (all on the same line) as this will give you good, slightly raised views of the city.

Level Contributor
34 posts
7. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

I think as suggested By others I will take a Taxi to reach airport by 1300h from DUBAI mall.

If u can also plz tell me the nearest metro station of DUBAI MALL to get down in morning once I start from AIRPORT at 0600-0630h

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,707 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

The metro station is called Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa.

There is a 10 minute walk from the station to the mall but it is all by air conditioned walkway. When you get to the mall follow the signs for Bur Khalifa observation, which is inside the mall next to Bloomingdales

Level Contributor
34 posts
9. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Thx Latimer

Ur valuable advice will assist me in visiting BURJ KHALIFA, DUBAI MALL & nearby places in limited time I have from 0600-1230h on a sunday this month

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,254 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa

Be aware the Dubai Mall opens for business from 10 am only. Burj Khalifa could be open as per timings indicated in their website. If you have no bags, you can travel to Dubai Mall by Metro as well. Dubai Fountains are best enjoyed after dark, if you wanted to.

Reply to: Dubai airport to Burj khalifa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted