We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palace Downtown or Address Boulevard

Rio de Janeiro...
14 posts
Save Topic
The Palace Downtown or Address Boulevard

I’m going to Seoul in the beginning of September with stopovers in Dubai. On my way to Seoul I’ll stop in Dubai for a night and booked Jumeirah Madinat (Mina). On my return, I’ll stop for another night in Dubai and thought it would be a good idea to stay in downtown, to visit the other part of the town.

Since ny flight will arrive in Dubai at 4:20 a.m., I started to look for hotel that would offer a 24h check in check out service. I found out that, in downtown area, Palace Downtown, Address Downtown and Address Boulevard offer rooms with this service plus airport pick up.

Address Downtown is considerably more expensive of the three and Boulevard the cheapest. Both offer club lounges with foods and drinks. Palace is almost the same price of Boulevard but don’t offer a club lounge.

I’m heading towards Palace because it seems to me that It is located in a better area than Boulevard and has a more pleasant ambiance (please confirm!) and my first criteria for choosing a hotel is location. Although a club lounge is good thing, I like having the flexibility to eat and drink in other places (like maybe at.mosphere).

I plan to relax in the hotel a bit, but not sure if It will be too hot for using the pool.

I would love to hear your thoughts about those hotels.

Thank you,

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,847 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Palace Downtown
Palace Downtown
3,193 Reviews
Address Boulevard
Address Boulevard
387 Reviews
1 reply
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Palace Downtown or Address Boulevard

When you say 'location' - what exactly does that mean for you?

All the hotels are relatively close, and in a decent and popular area of Dubai with lots going on around it. So unless you're ultra picky about certain aspects of a location, I'd suggest it's 'much of muchness' between the 3.

Address Downtown is very overpriced IMO at present because of recent reopening. I think the Palace has more going for it whilst retaining value. So right now, I'd tend to agree with your pick. You can always look to visit the Address 'ad hoc' for perhaps a meal or similar...

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reply to: The Palace Downtown or Address Boulevard
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted