We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
492 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

Off to Dubai at the ending of the month for a week and would love to have everything in order (not a fan of surprises on international trips). Any tips and tricks I should keep in mind?

I'm aware its hot in August, I'm aware of the dress code inside certain buildings, I'm aware the mall stays open until midnight (lol), heard I needed copies of my passport, working on getting surge protector for my laptop and charger for my cell.

The girls and I have a day trip to Abu Dhabi planned, safari tour and an evening food tour.

We are all well over 30, professional and enjoy both relaxing, sightseeing, good food and of course a nice lounge.

Thanks in advance

7 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

You will do well to read the many posts to your right on the screen.

Not heard of any undue power fluctuation in at least Dubai and Abudhabi, so perhaps surge protector may not be needed.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

You won’t need any special chargers - all UK plugs work OK.

Time Out is your friend for Ladies Night deals (Tues/Wed) where you can bar hop and drink, essentially for free!

Have a look into the Entertainer App. Could save you a few pounds...

Couple of suggestions for bars: At.mosphere (Forget doing At the Top, just head here for sunset drinks) and Vault (another high bar with a cool view).

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

If you want to go up in the Burj Khalifa, buy your tickets in advance online. They go on sale 30 days ahead and are significantly cheaper than buying onsite. The peak times will sell out!

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
492 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

@Sean R I was told the surge protector is for my laptop but if a standard UK charger works then I'm good. Time Out? Sorry, in NY we have a Time Out magazine that shows all the trendy weekly events. Is this the same thing? (Sorry, first time Dubai traveler)

I'll check out the Entertainment App, thanks

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
492 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

@ChristieP thanks, I was considering it and will get tickets in advance now. Thanks.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

Apologies - thought you were UK based for some reason. US plug with standard travel adaptor should be fine - some hotels have both types of plug socket on the desk.

Time Out is exactly the same (London/Paris/NY/Dubai) - start researching the online version now so you can get an idea of what’s what.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
492 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks

@Sean R I'm in the states and yes, I Googled it and found it. Thanks, very helpful.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 19:00
Reply to: Girls Trip to Dubai... Tips and Tricks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted