We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
75 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

Hi, we are arriving late on a Friday evening (january) and boarding a cruise ship next day around lunch time. Any suggestions for a hotel? Don't want to have long taxi ride from airport and back to cruise port next day but would like to stay somewhere that we could walk and explore for couple of hours next morn before we board ship. We are in dubai following week for 2 days so plan to explore fountains, beach, tower etc then. many thanks😁

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,999 Reviews
from US$ 67.40*
US$ 89.87
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
158 Reviews
from US$ 59.00*
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
410 Reviews
from US$ 53.00*
4 replies to this topic
DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

You could stay in Bur Dubai, explore the Textiles souq, AlSeef, and museum area and perhaps take an abra ride across the creek to the Gold/Spice souqs. This way, you've seen a bit of old Dubai and can invest time in seeing modern Dubai on your next stop.

The weather in January is just about perfect for wandering around. If you have energy, you could even walk around on the night of your arrival. It's very safe here and this town doesn't sleep, quite literally. There's also an abra line that operates 24/7.

Bur Dubai is about 10-15 mins from the airport and it's where Port Rashid is located.

If you state your budget people will be able to recommend specific hotels.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
89 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

I'l suggest something in Bur Dubai. Try Burjuman Arjaan by Rotana. The port is just less than 10 minutes driving from the hotel.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

I'd suggest your hotel should be somewhere that's nice, but good enough just to rest rather than explore around. Convenience, and maximum amount of rest time should be the priority.

The hotels I'd suggest you look at :-

Hyatt Regency (corniche)

Meilia

Four Points by Sheraton - Downtown

All 3 of which are decent hotels, convenient and not too expensive. Ideal if all you want to do is check-in, nibble, sleep and check-out.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

I also second Burjuman Arjaan by Rotana - nice hotel, well connected, and close to everything.

Reply to: Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted