We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

Accommodation and area looks appealing near or at souk al bahar. Is it easy to get taxis for tours from this area please and is it indeed a good selection for a holiday? Thankyou for your anticipated advice.

9 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
720 posts
1 review
1. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

Souk al Bahar isn’t in the old town, it’s a modern complex connected by a bridge to The Dubai Mall and adjacent to the area where the Dubai Fountains are and metres from the Burj Khalifa! You are getting confused with the Souk area in the old town which is the Deira district.

Edited: 01 August 2018, 11:47
Dubai
Level Contributor
435 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

<<Souk al Bahar isn’t in the old town>>

Incorrect.

The older areas of Dubai are in neighbourhoods of Deira, but, yes, the area where Souk al Bahar is located is indeed referred to as 'Old Town.' There are a few Address Hotels in the area, The Palace Hotel, etc and taxis are plentiful.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
261 reviews
3. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

I agree with #2. The 'Old Town' is an area around Dubai Mall/Souq AlBahar that's 10+ years old but built in a traditional Arabian style. It's positioned in the heart of what's now known as the new 'downtown'. In addition to being near Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, you are practically on Sheikh Mohammed Boulevard which is very pretty and lively. The boulevard is perfect for a morning or evening stroll in nice weather. There are several restaurants and cafes as well as numerous hotels and hotel apartments including AlManzil, Vida, Ramada Downtown, to name a few. I'm sure there are also AirB&B listings in the area. Finding taxis shouldn't be a problem.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

thank you so much for your imputs. Sounds wonderful

London, United...
Level Contributor
720 posts
1 review
5. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

I’m so sorry, I have never ever come across that area having been referred to as the old town in anything I’ve read either on the forum or elsewhere! I didn’t mean to mislead anyone it is a genuine error on my part. Apologies to all.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

If words fail, see screenshot for map and more info on Old Town development >>

https://jmp.sh/KPl8rOV

Unless you're looking for accommodation directly in the Old Town (proper noun, ie the development - in which case try Airbnb or BookingCom to see if there's any short term lets) perhaps widen your search to 'Downtown' or even 'Business Bay'.

Note that some hotels (e.g. Renassiance Downtown) class themselves as Downtown but are really in the area most people would call Business Bay, just to add to the confusion

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

thankyou "talking off now" - no apology necessary - just made me re-read about the area and Shaun thanks for the screenshot - my reason for questioning location, and as seen by your screenshot - we intend to do all our tripping around and tours for the first week from this area then retreat to the marina or JBR for r & r - just wanted to check it was not "isolated" and made pickups painfully hard. Looks such a lovely area with some green retreat in the bargain. Thanks all.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,967 posts
77 reviews
8. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

Manzil is a very nice hotel in Old Town and a great area to base yourself - plenty of restaurants, bars and taxis are easy to get. It's only a very short walk from Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and the fountain.

I stayed here recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar

Thanks Kali have also shortlisted this hotel! Just thought the oldtown island compound looked interesting. Thanks for taking the time to give an opinion!

Reply to: accommodation in dubai old town island near souk al bahar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted