We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shaun C AND Latimer....

Shaun C AND Latimer....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 May 2018, 12:05
Best Seller
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,961 Reviews
from US$ 67.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
395 Reviews
from US$ 43.00*
US$ 48.00
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
136 Reviews
from US$ 53.00*
US$ 59.00
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
18,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

I'd have offered an opinion but seeing as it's not open in general to everyone I'll keep quiet.

Hate these posts addressed to specific people even though both of them are excellent on here.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,866 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

Club room at Address Downtown - no contest.

It is shortly to reopen after the fire damage and the club lounge package is the best in Dubai with a stunning view of the fountains

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

My hotel of choice is twofold; the one/s I’m visiting next and the one that gives me the most bang for my bucks.

So Intercontinental Dublin & Conrad Dublin.

In Dubai, my choice is the JW Marriott Marquis. Here’s why ....

* I’m senior elite in all hotel loyalty, so my choices always lean towards benefits, elite recognition, perks etc.

* Service is always amazing

* club lounge tremendous

* I’m a sucker for hotels that give you an experience - artistic, style, records (eg was highest hotel, still the highest bar)

* not bothered about no beach, pool area is mighty fine enough

* a cornucopia of amazing bars and dining

* sometimes, we just don’t even want to leave a hotel but stay on site the entire stay

Most of all - value. I can always get a superb deal there, and with the upcoming final merger of SPG into MR there’s going to be even more offers and value.

For the record, JWM may not be the ‘best’ or most luxurious, but I honestly don’t feel there’s value add in some of the top end hotels. I just find pound for pound, what can be had at JMM offers the best value for my criteria. As a worldwide hotel junkie, I’m dismayed that the real ‘top end’ brands eg W, RC, St R and WA to name a few don’t truly match up as the best example in the world of that brand. Hence me not picking one...

PS thanks for the kind words and I’m happy to help as much as possible. However I do hope people don’t think this is a closed thread and would love to hear from everyone which is their hotel of choice, and why.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 00:20
Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
JW Marriott Marquis...
7,850 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

Daisy - this isn’t a closed topic, and I’d love to hear your choice please. Debate is for everyone; it’s not North Korea ...

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

Really interesting Shaun. I actually choose Jumeirah for the opposite reasons. I’m also a Hotel junkie with a job that involves too much Global travel.

For me personally, Dubai is my personal time with my family and I love staying in the Jumeirah properties because it doesn’t feel like a work trip and definitely feels like a treat (a slight step up). I agree with you though that pound for pound it probably doesn’t offer as much value as your favourite. We’ve had the Sirius Gold card for a long time so we do get free Exec Club, airport transfers and so on but I guess no loyalty benefits are truly free!

As for which Jumeirah Hotel... all except the Creekside. We love JET, JZS, JBH, DAM, MAS etc.

Latimer, my friend guested me into the Address Club Lounge last year and I was impressed. My friend is also a long time Sirius Gold member but was getting a bit fed up with the high prices so switched to The Address which he claims is better value for a similar level of luxury.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 01:14
Mentioned in this post
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,845 Reviews
Dubai
Dubai
Creekside Park
Creekside Park
333 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

Oxtail - thanks for contributing and really great to hear good points that you make.

I’m a fan of Jumeirah as a brand - Etihad Towers especially and JBH. They are luxurious and special, with a great attention to detail (eg the amenities shaped like the towers)

However I have 2 miffs. 1) like most regional brands, their financial woes have resulted in obvious and visible retractions 2) just as with Emirates, local loyalty programs are a long way off competing with worldwide brands.

Sirius, ISME and Emaar rewards aren’t a bad stab, but they’re still a very distant way off SPG or Marriott Rewards.

Still as always in Dubai, it’s fine margins and we get spoiled. I used to be happy with Premier Inn before I moved to ME :-)

Mentioned in this post
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,845 Reviews
Dubai
Dubai
East Midlands
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

Thank you for your opinions and of course, the more the merrier Daisy. Addressed to those two as they have been so prolific on threads I have read. I think I'd like to try the One and Only hotels, they seem stylish and understated. Not sure it's the best choice for 3 little ones though.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

Thank you for your opinions and of course, the more the merrier Daisy. Addressed to those two as they have been so prolific on threads I have read. I think I'd like to try the One and Only hotels, they seem stylish and understated. Not sure it's the best choice for 3 little ones though.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,173 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shaun C AND Latimer....

The O&O Jumeirah is a great hotel. It is understated and I found it very calm.

Kids are welcomed in certain parts of the hotel and there is a main family pool and I recall games of water polo being organised for the kids however there isn't a load of kids here like other hotels but they're made welcome

With 3 kids The Ritz Carlton might suit also. A very nice hotel with the added bonus of a great location as JBR is on the doorstep so its great for a wander.

I personally think all beach hotels in Dubai are suited for families

My new favourite beach hotel is Four Seasons as its classy and understated and I like the location

I also enjoyed Al Naseem at Madinat last year, and I'm not normally a huge fan of Jumeirah hotels I thought it had a much nicer pool than the other Madinat properties. I like new hotels though but I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the above hotels

Mentioned in this post
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,845 Reviews
The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
3,026 Reviews
Dubai
Dubai