We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel tax

Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
9 helpful votes
Hotel tax
Save

Hi everyone my son and I are coming to Dubai for 9 nights I'm hearing different things over the hotel taxation. We've been told it's 20 dirhams per room per night is that correct? Is that the only tax? Any help would be greatly appreciated

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
21,725 posts
114 reviews
60 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel tax
Save

depending on the category/grade of the hotel, the higher the grade the higher the tax.

Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel tax
Save

It's a 4 star hotel. It's our first trip so unsure of prices cost of living etc just want to make sure I have enough money. Is the room tax the only tax?

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
34 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotel tax
Save

20 AED per room per night will be charged for 5-star hotels, 15 AED for 4-star hotels, 10 AED will be charged for 3* hotels

London, United...
Level Contributor
795 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel tax
Save

Check with the site or agent you booked through, booking sites should say what’s included and what isn’t. VAT, municipality fee, service charge and hotel tax are the most common additions as far as Im aware.

Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotel tax
Save

Thanks everyone I got in touch with the booking site and the hotel and it's 180 dirhams to pay on arrival plus a security deposit so no big shocks. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply

London, United...
Level Contributor
795 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Hotel tax
Save

You’re welcome, enjoy your holiday!

7. Re: Hotel tax

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.