We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find the street drifting and sand dunes racing

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to find the street drifting and sand dunes racing

Hi everyone. I'll be in Dubai for 5 days from tomorrow and while I'm there I'd really like to see the street drifting where they drive on two wheels, get out of the car while drifting etc. Also the sand dune racing where they have like 3000hp cars/buggies that race up the dunes. Not like the one's where you jump in a normal car and drive around the dunes etc. I want to see the extreme ones! Any advice on locations (how to get there) and day/time would be great. I'm guessing it might be a Friday only thing?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
884 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find the street drifting and sand dunes racing

Street drifting is illegal no racing is promoted on the road so you wont be able to see any such sorts.

for the sand dune racing , there is a spot which is 90 km away from dubai, im not sure if taxi driver will be knowing those areas since its middle of no where. only 4x4 can reach the spot.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find the street drifting and sand dunes racing

this place 90km away. what is it called? so theres no organised events for the street drifting etc? so many videos of it on the internet it seems almost strange nothing is formally organised

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find the street drifting and sand dunes racing

As said in post 1, street drifting is illegal and the police are doing everything they can to put a stop to this and other forms of illegal street racing etc.

Reply to: Where to find the street drifting and sand dunes racing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted