We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Racism in Dubai

Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Racism in Dubai

We be travelling to Dubai soon. And would like to ask if the racism in Dubai serious? As we are chinese. Are there any cases of racism against chinese?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Racism in Dubai

Dubai is a multicultural multi racial society.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
939 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Racism in Dubai

You won't suffer from it, thousands of different nationalitys visit every day

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Racism in Dubai

not at all, 70 percent of the population in dubai are foreigners, probably more. There is no racism here and the country law condemns racism very seriously

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
403 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Racism in Dubai

Hi there is no racism per session but the treatment you get differs depending on nationality. People won't say anything to you but might make you wait or ignore you giving preferential treatment to others.

Other than that there is no racism issue at all... So you just ignore that and move on.

It's a multicultural city and there is a good Chinese population here as well.

So welcome to Dubai and enjoy your time here.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,849 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Racism in Dubai

You will be fine. Enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Racism in Dubai

You will be absolutely fine. I never experienced any racism in Dubai when I was there & I'm Afro Caribbean. Go ahead & enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
885 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Racism in Dubai

as fellow TA members said you will be fine nothing to worry about, there is no racism or discrimination in UAE and i strongly disagree with what Sandeep has mentioned, am an expat living in uae for decade's and i never heard or had such experience in anywhere.

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: Racism in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2017, 11:21
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Racism in Dubai

You will not experience any direct racism as such , there is a large Chinese population in Dubai and Dubai is very multicultural. It's very unique in that it's predominantly made up of expats so people of all races and nationalities live and work amongst each other .

I do agree with Sandeep however in that there are certain racist undertones in Dubai but it's not common or anything to get concerned about and oddly enough it's often people of the same nationality who are acting this way. I've noticed this particularly in bars and hotels certain nationalities seem to get preferential treatment.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
tlogic
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Racism in Dubai

you will be fine enjoy. Your more likely to suffer racism in the UK than Dubai.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai