We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeddah Airport stopover 8 hours

london
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jeddah Airport stopover 8 hours

I have just booked a flight with 8 hour stopover in Jeddah. Ideally there is a transit hotel, or swimming pool facilities we could use?

almadinah
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeddah Airport stopover 8 hours

hi ,

there is information office in hall of ariival please ask him for near hotle .

naif ,

naif.rashed@windowslive.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeddah Airport stopover 8 hours

Getting into Saudi is very difficult, even for a short transit stopover of a few hours you will need at least a single entry visa. A single entry visa bought from the Saudi embassy in London costs about £85. I dont believe you can get one at immigration in the airport. If you had more time it might have been worth it, but not worth it for 8 hours and especially to see Jeddah.

Edited: 18 June 2010, 20:04
Singapore
Level Contributor
323 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeddah Airport stopover 8 hours

Jeddah airport is quite boring. If your layover is late at night, you may not find any restaurents open, so better bring some food with you.

Earlier this month, when travelled through Jeddah airport Terminal (?) 1 (Non-Saudia terminal for Cathay Pacific), I saw a snack shop in the transit area. But not sure this snack shop remains open at night.

So, whenever I fly through Jeddah airport, I make sure I get my food, (soft)drink and reading material handy.

If you manage to get out of the airport, you have to negotiate with the taxidrivers to show you around. Taxis has no meter and do negotiate hard and agree on the price before you board a taxi.

4. Re: Jeddah Airport stopover 8 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 10:47