We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Dream Resort

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
My Dream Resort

Just booked a weeks stay at my dream resort. I've booked one of the private garden bungalows, has anyone stayed in the same rooms? Are they as lovely as they look in the photos, any positive and negative comment about the accommodation and location would be appreciated

Thanks!

Belmond La Residence Phou Vao
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao
#4 of 78 hotels in Luang Prabang
Lao Spirit Resort
Lao Spirit Resort
#9 of 78 hotels in Luang Prabang
Amantaka
Amantaka
#13 of 78 hotels in Luang Prabang
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Dream Resort

My wife and I have stayed at My Dream on several occasions since it first opened. We have also always stayed in one of the private garden bungalows and enjoyed them very much, especially sitting outside and looking down towards the river. The rooms have always been clean and nicely outfitted. The staff have always been most helpful and pleasant and the food, especially breakfast, has been great. Hopefully you will get to also meet the owner who is most helpful and a very pleasant person in ensuring that your visit will be a happy one. Enjoy your stay!

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Dream Resort

Thank you

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Dream Resort

Hi Christine, Am staying at the My Dream Boutique with the family right now. What a great choice! We're right around the corner from the bamboo bridge, which takes you right into town. The staff is helpful, courteous, and most gracious. You'll enjoy the facilities. Have a great trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Dream Resort

Thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Dream Resort

I stayed there with my teenage son for over a week and it was wonderful. We had a twin room near the reception block which was really nice and comfortable with a lovely balcony. To get into town you can either walk with the quickest way over the bamboo bridge (if water level allows) or to use one of the free bikes which we did each day to get around the town. If that is not an option get a tuk tuk or the hotel does have a courtesy bus which we used a couple of times when out late.

Morning Alms go right by the door, (or at least they did when we stayed) which was a lovely site and certainly away from some of the ruder tourists who literally stick their cameras in the monks faces and disrupt the calmness and serenity of the occasion.

MD has a nice open area adjacent to reception which houses the restaurant and bar and overlooks the pool which was a welcome relief after hot days of sightseeing. We certainly enjoyed our stay, the staff are lovely and very accommodating.

6. Re: My Dream Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2017, 09:46