We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquito patch

vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
359 reviews
mosquito patch

Anyone can tell me where to buy mosquito patches ???

Thanks

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: mosquito patch

Do you mean the plug in ones for the room? Not sure I've ever seen them here if anywhere try any store or thechinese supermarket by the stadium. If not then a can of mozz spray and a bottle of repellent for 30.000k

You may see drying orange peel all round town at the moment, the Lao burn it as a natural repellent..

vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
359 reviews
2. Re: mosquito patch

Thank you. But I was referring to a patch that you apply to your skin.

Monvan

Oslo
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: mosquito patch

Dear Monvan,

How many mosquitoes do you smoke a day?? I've heard of nicotine patches, I Googled it and don't find Mossie patches??

Ranger Bob

Oslo, Norway

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
278 reviews
4. Re: mosquito patch

I've never seen mossie repellent patches in Laos - you'd better bring them with you, or use the widely available Thai repellent - $2.25 for a spray bottle 15% DEET.

vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
359 reviews
5. Re: mosquito patch

Dear Rangerbob

I visited your beautiful country this last July and met a lot of smart people, but I have not met you.

Unless your google search takes you to different spheres, if you looked closely, you'll find :

www.agraconew.com - one of their products is a 36 hours mosquito patch.

I hope that illuminates your knowledge.

vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
359 reviews
6. Re: mosquito patch

Dear Bluecramp

Thank you for the info.

Indeed, I found a company which makes the 36 hours mosquito patch : www.agraconew.com

Look then up.

Kind regards

Monvan

Oslo
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: mosquito patch

Dear Monovan,

Actually you can buy anything the quacks want to sell in America. Yes, it's all NATURAL, you can get the same effect by burning dried mandarin orange skins.If you look at the field tests, it was found to totally worthless. I have have worked in several tropical countries and have had malaria three times. Not pleasant, but today I only use repellent with minimum 20% DEET and carry malarial tablets(chloroquine) as backup. You must also use ithe repellent daytime against Dengue Fever. Talk to a doctor at the clinics that does travel vaccinations and they'll give you a prescription and instructions. In Norway we have mosquitoes as big as humming birds, but no malaria.

vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
359 reviews
8. Re: mosquito patch

Thank you RangerBobOslo for the info.

Best regards

Monvan

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,370 posts
177 reviews
9. Re: mosquito patch

Thank goodness I'm not planning a trip to Norway, Ranger. Those critters would probably pick you up and take you home to their nest.

OP, I think it would be a good idea to check the ingredients of these patches as any patches are designed for the product to enter the bloodstream from what I understand. Probably a good repellant which does not have a toxic percentage of deet and applied frequently would be a better option.

10. Re: mosquito patch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2016, 10:46