We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
3 posts
141 reviews
Visas

Does anyone know what a visa into Vietnam from loa for I month cost

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,156 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Visas

It depends how you want to get the Visa.

If you want to get the Visa from the Vietnamese consulate I think the one month Visa was around $60 (bit moire if you want to get it faster). Please note that you can only pick up the passport from 4pm on the collection day (i.e. if you choose the next day service the passport is ready the following day after 4pm - need to be taken into consideration). I added an entry in my blog about the process and location of the consulate

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

I you arrive by air in Vietnam you can order a VOA through one of the online agencies. I used one for a trip in July and paid $10 for the online service, and then another $45 for a one month Visa at the airport. For this process you need to print out the letter send by the agency

The advantage of the consulate method is that you avoid the VOA desk, which depending on the day and time can be very busy (even at 2am in the morning and only a handful people I was still waiting there for 30 minutes). So if you have the time in LP, get the Visa via the consulate

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Visas

please ..if i m arriving in Luangprabang airport only with my 6 months valid passaport and 2 pictures i can t have a visa immediatly ?(no entry letter? according to the laos gov. is in this way...OR NOT!!!)

Tell me please soon

thank you

paola

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Visas

Yes, that is all you need for a Visa on arrival. You need to pay $35 if you have a European passport and this must be paid in US Dollars or Thai Baht.

You will also need to fill in a form.

Sometimes there can be a bit of a queue.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Visas

As of last month you should not need a visa for Vietnam, as long as you only spend 15 days max in the country.

As for traveling with a passport with only six months on it, I'm not sure I would. Recheck the dates to make sure you are within the limits. The airlines let alone immigration will stop you boarding.

Re read your post! One month visa is $40 + $20. But that was in Vientiane and it took a week. Here I think they do it in three days or offer a one day service. The consulate has moved to new offices slightly out of town.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,156 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Visas

Mikolino,

the requirement of a letter applies for Vientma only.

For a Lao Visa you can get a 30 moht visa when you arrive at the airport - just need to pay the fee (with US$).

I thnk the rule is that the passport should be valid for 6 month AFTER your Visa expires. So make sure you are ok with your passport

6. Re: Visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang