We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New schedule of bus between Kunming and Luang Prabang

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
177 reviews
New schedule of bus between Kunming and Luang Prabang

I recently went on a bus from Kunming (China) to Luang Prabang (Laos), I was constantly failing to find reliable information online as for the price and schedule of these buses, so this is a brief post to answer whoever asks himself the question.

There is a bus from Kunming to Luang Prabang, it takes between 22 and 26 hours to reach, leaves at 18.30 from the Kunming south coach station and costs 398 RMB.

The bus is a sleeper bus, be careful as you might be assigned to a double bed and you never know who is next to you, my bus was luckily not full so I did not have this problem. Otherwise the bus is pretty good to travel on!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
99 reviews
1. Re: New schedule of bus between Kunming and Luang Prabang

Thank you for posting this useful information

2. Re: New schedule of bus between Kunming and Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2016, 10:45