We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamu Lodge

Mannheim
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Kamu Lodge

I wanted to stay in Kamu Lodge , but today I read the last reviews , which were not really good.

They also have a new website, Was there any change of the owner or the manager?

Has anybody been in Kamu Lodge in the last two months ? What was your experience?

Its very expensive to stay there and I am not sure if it is a good idea to stay there for 2 nights.

Da Nang, Vietnam
2 posts
1. Re: Kamu Lodge

Hi LandLaus,

I stay there early this year. If you're kind of people who love nature and discover the culture, Kamu Lodge is definitely a must. The cruise trip upstream and downstream are already an adventurous experience. The tent is comfortable and activities are interesting. Food is healthy. What I love most to stay here is that I can stay far away technology devices and soak up the green and peaceful landscape of Laos countryside. A visit to Kamu village nearby is also a highlight, the kids are cute and lovely. They will come to perform Lao traditional dance in the evening for guest.

I like the concept that Kamu Lodge supports the local community. The lodge put aside some dollars from guests' stay to contribute to the Khmu villagers to help them build schools for kids, hire teacher and cover medical insurance for them. I don' think the price is too much expensive as it covers a boat trip transfer and fee to visit Pak Ou caves, which means you can save a lot money and don't need to take any cruise on the Mekong River while you're in Luang Prabang.

I recommend you to stay there.

Regards,

Jade

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Kamu Lodge

HI landlaus -

I was at Kamu Lodge last week and honestly don't understand any of the negative comments on the forum. The manager has been there for a while, same guy and he clearly loves the place and the villagers that he works with. It's a fantastic back to nature experience and one to recommend. I think bad weather (rainy or too hot) might have influenced any less favorable comment. Now is a perfect time to go. Lack of English can sometimes lead to misunderstanding or miscommunication as well - easily overcome with a bit of patience and a smile! For the activities if you want to do them for longer or shorter time, all you have to do is ask. If you enjoy trekking and nature, 2 nights is perfect and not at all too long. We would have been happy to stay for a 3rd! For the price - remember also that all the meals are included, so the only extra you have to pay for is drinks - thought it was actually great value. Sure you will enjoy it!

Mannheim
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Kamu Lodge

Hallo Jade and 2Siamese,

thank you for your detailed reviews and your help.

Lili

4. Re: Kamu Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2015, 09:49