We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Camp

Shanghai
Level Contributor
306 posts
94 reviews
Elephant Camp

I'm looking for updated information on elephant camps/preserves around LP. We are looking to do a half-day trip just to see and experience elephants up close. Are there any camps/outfits that are better than others? Any that anyone can recommend as a particularly rewarding experience?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Elephant Camp

There is an ecofriendly one at Sayabouli, 4 hours out of LP. Low impact, doesn't work the elephants too hard, and the overnight stay package is well worth it.

Thung Chang...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Elephant Camp

The centre is just outside Sanyabuli town

http://www.elephantconservationcenter.com/

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
278 reviews
3. Re: Elephant Camp

There are 2 right next to LP. I did a half day trip with All Lao Elephant Camp a couple of years ago for $25 and it was good value. The camp is up the Nam Khan river about a 10 minute minibus ride from LP centre. They have a website.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
306 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Elephant Camp

Thanks guys! Any concerns with the camps located near LP? I.e. All-Lao and/or Elephant Village or whatever it's called now? Are these relatively humane and decent? Are they complete tourist traps or would the be worth visiting? It would be nice to get out to Sanyabuli, but I'm just not going to have the time to do an overnighter.

5. Re: Elephant Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 17:40
6. Re: Elephant Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2015, 09:46