We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi, Luang Prabang, ...??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hanoi, Luang Prabang, ...??

Hi there! I posted this in the Hanoi forum but thought I should post it here as well to see what kind of responses/recommendations I can get.

My fiancé and I are planning our trip for May 2014. We like our vacations to include some culture, nature, and relaxation on a beach. Right now, we can't decide on where to go after Luang Prabang for such beach. Please advise!!

So far our itinerary is as follow:

Day 1: arrival in hanoi in the AM, exploration including old quarters, hoan kiem lake, etc

Day 2: day tour to tam coc, returning to hanoi in the evening for night markets, etc

Day 3: 2d/1n halong bay

Day 4: return from halong bay and spend remaining night in hanoi

Day 5: AM flight to Luang Prabang, city exploration

Day 6: pak ou caves

Day 7: khuangsi waterfalls

Day 8: beach. Any recommendations? Right now we are thinking krabi or koh samui but flights are fairly expensive from LP.

Day 9,10,11: beach.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi, Luang Prabang, ...??

It really depends where you are flying out from

Heresan idea - why not visit Laos first then Vietnam second. Then at the end of your Viet trip you could fly Hanoi to Danang then get a 45 minute taxi to Hoian which has both a great beach and an interesting old town.

I much prefer Hoian to Ko Samui.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 16:26
2. Re: Hanoi, Luang Prabang, ...??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 11:48