We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

At the planning stage of upcoming trip and interested in visiting the Bear Rescue Centre, my concern is, are the Bears exploited for money or is truly a well run rescue centre, can anyone please advise me thanks in advance

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

No the bears are not exploited. Yes it is well run. Do you always believe wat you read on th web? However in thi case what I posted is accurate.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,417 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

Hi Marlene,

our visit to Kuang Si & the bears

…blogspot.com.au/2011/07/day-3.html

you'll love Laos

cheers

helen

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

rufuscat, sorry if I offended you but I haven't read whatever it is you posted, as an animal lover who supports many rescue centres around the world, I just wished to confirm that they were geniune before including them in my itinerary

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

The bear rescue centre is really interesting and well worth the visit. Looks really well run, the bears look happy and money raised I believe go to research and rescue.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

You did not offend me at all, Marlene. However my point is that you will not find out from the internet whether the organization is legitimate or not..

6. Re: ?Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 10:48