We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

We are going to be in Luang Prabang for a week at the end of Jan beginning of Feb 2014! I have noticed that most of the hotels on the Mekong in town don't have pools? Does anybody know of any? Mekong Estates looks lovely, but looks like a fair distance away from any restaurants or the center.. It would be nice to have a pool for that amount of time but would also be nice to be within walking distance to restaurants! Any ideas ? Thanks !

Tracy

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,623 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

Hi,

I think the closest pools are across on the nam khan side, places like Apsara rive droite. Villa Santi has a small pool but that's about it.

Cheers

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

Thanks..i just have no idea where to stay...:) Now i am liking Kiradara...are u familiar with this property?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

We stayed at my dream resort which has a nice pool but is over the river. However in saying that highly recommend and easy to get around either by walking, push bike or tuk tuk. We stayed for a week and never once felt out of things

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

I ended up booking the Dream Resort 😀! Thanks for the recco!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

Enjoy My Dream, rooms are stylish and you have a nice balcony if you wish to use. When we stayed there was a lovely Canadian woman managing the resort but think she may have moved on. Extremely well organised and helpful and sure she is a great loss

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

Thanks it looks great, hope it was the right decision 😀

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

I just booked the exact same place for 4 nights in July, it looks awesome, despite the small distance from town.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

It's only a few minutes walk ver the bamboo bridge but we just used the push bikes and road around the other way over the main bridge. you cant take your bikes over the bamboo one. Traffic not that bad and quite easy to get around. You will love Luang Prabang and it is really easy to get around.

Edited: 15 June 2013, 04:41
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

Thanks scianspheric u can let me know how it was! Millsie58 how long by bike ?

Tracy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels with a Pool on the Mekong in Town?

To the Main Street by bike maybe a five minute ride. That depends on which way you go and how fast you ride. Maybe 10 mins but that is more about having to go over the bridge and maybe wait. We used our bikes every day (was with my teenage son) and we road everywhere. The resort is virtually straight across from the main part of town but you need to decide whether to walk,ride or get a tuk tuk. Resort also has a courtesy bus but we only used this at night for coming back from street after dinner