We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't skip Elephant Village at Luang Prabang

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
15 posts
Don't skip Elephant Village at Luang Prabang

Hi!

I have just been to Luang Prabang and had a fantastic time at the Elephant Village: Sanctuary and resort. We didn't sleep there, we took one day tour to see the elephants living there, we fed them and gave them a bath at the river! I was really happy to see that it is a seroious company that really takes care of the animals. They have rescued several elephants from slave work and keep them there with tourism money. It's a sustable way of keeping them, once it is virtually impossible to have these animals free at nature as they were already domesticated. They work, yes, but only few hours and their task is really simple. I really recommend, it was really remarkable.

Edited: 18 December 2010, 00:39
1. Re: Don't skip Elephant Village at Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 09:52