We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luang Prabang hotel suggestions please

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Luang Prabang hotel suggestions please

I am seeking a middle range hotel / guest house in LP for early November and we would like a balcony or terrace. I had found one with views over the Mekong but they have no balcony rooms left. Our price is $30-£50 (up to about £32 per night). Can anyone recommend anywhere with reasonably spacious rooms and balconies?

Princeton NJ
Level Contributor
110 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Luang Prabang hotel suggestions please

We were in LP November of last year and stayed at Villa Chitdara. The building has units up and down either with balcony facing the street or on the back facing the garden. It does not have views of either river because it is on the center street running the length of the peninsula. The location was great - a short walk from the center of town or from either river, but with very little vehicle traffic. Also short walks to L'Elephant, Tamarind, and many other of the great restaurants. The breakfast room is in the garden and each morning the monk procession goes right past the inn. The room was about $50 US and, although the room was not huge, it was very charming.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Luang Prabang hotel suggestions please

Thanks, I had noted that hotel, sounds great

3. Re: Luang Prabang hotel suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 12:49
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang