We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Luang Prabang to Mid Vietnam (Hue/Danang)

Leeds, United...
1 post
Travelling from Luang Prabang to Mid Vietnam (Hue/Danang)

Hi

Hope anyone can help ....

In early Sept, I'm planning to travel from Luang Prabang to Mid Vietnam. Due to my timescale, i unfortunately have decided to miss out on Northern Vietnam and concentrate on mid to South Vietnam and then into Cambodia.

Which modes of transport would be advised/available? And what would the timescale be. I could fly from Luang Prabang to Hanoi, then Hanoi to mid Vietnam but it would be great to see a bit more of Laos.

Laos
Level Contributor
502 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Travelling from Luang Prabang to Mid Vietnam (Hue/Danang)

You have several options. From Luang Prabang you could head eastwards through Phonsavanh (Plain of Jars), across into Vietnam, or even from Phonsavanh head north to Samneua and from here head over the border to Hanoi.

Alternative you could head south from Luang Prabang, through Vientiane and down to SAvannakhet, from where you can get a VIP bus directly to Hue,

2. Re: Travelling from Luang Prabang to Mid Vietnam (Hue/Danang)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 13:53