We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight hanoi to luang prabang

sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
flight hanoi to luang prabang

Flights seem so expensive - I read somewhere that if you book an international flight with Vietnam Air then you can get much cheaper fare to Luang Prabang. Has anyone got any current info re this. We want to travel next Dec/ Jan. Would also like to fly out of LP to Danang but don't know if possible.

All advice much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Province, Laos
Hai Phong, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight hanoi to luang prabang

Hi. I flew from LP to Hanoi in March, and have a have a return flight booked for next week (ie Han-LP-Han) for about $250 pus taxes on Lao Air. I think Lao Air and Vietnam Air code share, so guess the price would be the same unless there are specials. It is a quick trip - just 1 hr. As far as I know, you cannot fly Danang - LP. Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight hanoi to luang prabang

I thinks you need to take vietnam air because it will fly to Danang, but laos air you need to by another tiket to fly to danang.

Luang Prabang, Laos
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: flight hanoi to luang prabang

Vietnam Air has begun direct flights from Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital, to Laos’s Luang Prabang, one of the most beautiful cities in all of Asia. The flights operate 4 times a week on Mondays, Tuesdays. Thursdays and Saturdays.

Prices are around $US 300 for a round trip. You can find the best prices and book flights on Kayak UK but, bizarrely, not on Kayak.com

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Laos
Laos
Asia
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Province, Laos
Asia
Asia
World
London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight hanoi to luang prabang

Why don't you try to take the bus.It probably is cheaper but the problem is that you have to stop at lot of place.Example like,taking bus from Dalang to Hanoi then from here via to Laos.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Laos
Laos
Asia
5. Re: flight hanoi to luang prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang