We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magical experience in Luang Prabang

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Magical experience in Luang Prabang

Tamarind Restaurant cooking school

Just back from two wonderful weeks in Laos with many many many pictures to categorize for my blog.

But you can start reading about an experience that was truly magical here:

eatlivetravelwrite.com/2009/08/tamarind-rest…

Keep checking in over the next few weeks for more updates and (some of) the 1700 pictures!!!

Cheers

eatlivetravelwrite

www.eatlivetravelwrite.com

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
1. Re: Magical experience in Luang Prabang

Isn't that supposed to be eat-pray-love?? ;~))

Hey, thanks for the foodie report at Caroline and Joy's place. Thanks also for the pics too.

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Magical experience in Luang Prabang

Ha! That title was already taken ;-)

There is more up on the site now detailing the dishes we made..

Also early next week, our report of how we recreated the experience for some friends, thanks to Foodbuzz!

eatlivetravelwrite

www.eatlivetravelwrite.com

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,562 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Magical experience in Luang Prabang

I am glad you enjoyed the classes. I am sure they were well run and professional. I know many people have thought highly of them.

Just a quick word of warning though :

I would not eat at the restaurant again. The food served is not really authentic, but rather toned down for western palates, even if you ask for it not to be. Thats fine if you like it, and a good many westerners do, but just be aware that it is not really "real" Lao cooking. The Laos with whom I ate there really didn't enjoy it. There are far more authentic places in town.

Having said that, you get descriptions of the food and the ambience and service is quite good.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
296 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: Magical experience in Luang Prabang

thanks for the post! authentic lao food or not, it was really one of the most enjoyable activities we did on our SEA trip. the location of their school is just unbelievably beautiful!

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Magical experience in Luang Prabang

Yes you are right about the location - stunning!

Check out our attempt to recreate this experience in our tiny kitchen as part of Foodbuzz's 24, 24, 24:

eatlivetravelwrite.com/2009/08/foodbuzz-24-2…

So fun!

6. Re: Magical experience in Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 10:55
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang