We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Luang Prabang

Unterschleissheim...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
New Year's Eve in Luang Prabang

Hi there,

I plan to stay in Luang Prabang for New Year's eve, so do you have any recommendations? And is anyone else there maybe to meet?

3 replies to this topic
Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,598 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Luang Prabang

Many restaurants will have a special NYE dinner.

Llangollen, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
148 reviews
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Luang Prabang

I've been in LPB over NYE and it's a fairly subdued affair, certainly compared with Vientiane. However, restaurants will be busy and you may need to book. There was an outdoor stage on the site of the daily Hmong market (near the TIC and post office) with Lao music and dancing, but there was nothing of the big-party atmosphere you usually find in larger cities.

You could try Couchsurfing.com if you are looking to meet up with fellow travellers - or even a local - although in my experience this is more popular with the under 35s and you won't find many older people using it.

You might also want to consider the Aussie Bar and Utopia, which are popular hang-outs for solo travellers.

1 post
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Luang Prabang

Hey I’ll be there too, feel free to contact me if you wanna meet! Insta: baluchon.voyageur

Reply to: New Year's Eve in Luang Prabang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang