We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get passport photos?

stockholm, sweden
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Get passport photos?

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a photographer and get passport sized photos in LP? Need them for applying for visa on arrival in Cambodia. Preferably somewhere close to Night Market since there’s where my guest house is.

15 replies to this topic
stockholm, sweden
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get passport photos?

Found one! Close to the post office in case someone else needs a photographer. 25’ kip.

Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Get passport photos?

You don't actually need the passport photos for Cambodia visa on arrival. They will just charge you a few dollars more if you don't have the photo. In the US, the cost of getting the passport photo was more than the extra fee you pay in Cambodia for not having it.

Edited: 17 July 2018, 03:08
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Get passport photos?

Was it a certain shop you got the photos at? Will I find it pretty easily if I am walking in that area? Thanks!

stockholm, sweden
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Get passport photos?

Yes, you will find it quite easily. There is a Kodak sign outside. If you walk main road from night market towards the Post office (Royal palace on your right and mt Phou Si in your left), turn left at the crossing/round-about just before Post office. A short walk down the street will take you to photographer on your right hand side. Next door is a cafe with a French name (we waited there for the store to open at around 10 am). I think Dara Market is almost opposite the French coffee shop.

Nice photos, good price and they actually photoshopped my passport photos.(First time that has happened, found it hilarious!)

California
Level Contributor
943 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Get passport photos?

You 100% don't need them. They just scan your passport photo for $1-2 USD.

Vietnam, you do need them. But for Laos and Cambodia, no, there are signs about this right in the airport.

I worried myself sick about this last winter, passport photos where I live cost about $30 USD for two, and I was relieved to find no need in Laos or Cambodia.

Edited: 12 September 2018, 22:43
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Get passport photos?

It does suggest having 2 in Laos and I already have them. Don't remember Cambodia except those of us with the visa on line app seemed to spend as much time in the lineup as those who did not

California
Level Contributor
943 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Get passport photos?

Yes, it does suggest this. In practice, there are signs up right in the airport for the hoards of travelers who don't have these. They're quite happy to take your money to photocopy your passport.

I've never spent more than probably 5-6 minutes going through Cambodian customs and immigration, personally, even during peak season. Laos, longer, because stuck behind enormous tour group.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Get passport photos?

You do need a passport photo, but if you don't have one they will p/c the one in your passport. However I cannot understand anyone travelling without 4 or 5 passport photos, particularly in Asia.. Every well seasoned traveller I know does this.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,080 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Get passport photos?

Rufus,

sometimes you loose them. For my 3 month trip I realised at the Lao border that I lost all of my passport photos. So I had to get new ones in Luang Prabang as well.

But obviously you are right, you should always have some passport photos with you when travelling through SEA.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Get passport photos?

I carry them in my wallet.

Reply to: Get passport photos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang