We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus companies

Level Contributor
4 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Bus companies

Hi,i'll do Luang Prabang to VangVieng by bus. I've been searching for bus companies so I could book my ticket online but i can't find any! Does anyone know any bus company doing that trip? Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus companies

It's the wrong part of the world to do that. Online booking is not really done here and if it is it's expensive for all to do and only applies mainly for high end activities.

When you get here just have your hotel sort it out or go direct to the bus station and book direct.

If you book direct, your transportation costs will make it more expensive than doing it in town.

The same would be true of pre booked accommodation at this time of year in many places.

Level Contributor
4 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus companies

Thank you for your reply. I was trying to book it online because I've done the same when in Cambodia.

But I will follow your advice! Thanks.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
28 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus companies

Hi Ana,

I'm also about to do this trip and was wondering if you ended up booking whilst there or online (my preference too).

Also any chance you can remember what times of day these buses go? And their time length?

Cheers!

Level Contributor
4 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus companies

Hi,

I book the ticket in LP.

It's easy to find places that sell tickets. Just have a look around and ask for prices.

The journey takes about 5hours in the mini bus.

They have departures every hour starting at 7.

Enjoy in trip!

Davangere, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus companies

Hi Ana,

5 hours journey, does it stop in between for washroom?

Do you still remember how much you pay for the ride? In USD or KIP?

Level Contributor
4 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus companies

Hello,

yes, the bus stop once during the way.

If I remember correctly, I payed 100 000kip to the first bus in the morning.

For the later ones I think they ask 120 000kip.

I payed in kip.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus companies

In LP there are travel agents along the road near Mount Poussi (where the night market is.

Book there and they will arrange to pick you up from hotel/guesthouse and take you to the bus departure point.

Reply to: Bus companies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted